Currently available positions
Feb 17th 2020
Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist.
Cancer / Regenerative Medicine
- The scientist will be part of the established PODS team and will report to the Research Director.
- They will design and carry our experiments and develop assays to develop the therapeutic potential of PODS proteins for use in cancer and other diseases.
- The ability to work in the lab under minimal supervision, but function as part of a team, is essential.
- The appointment will be made at Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist level depending on the experience and past achievements of the candidate.
- You must hold a PhD or at least equivalent (e.g MSc and three years of research experience) in a relevant biomedical topic. Experience in molecular biology techniques (plasmid cloning and PCR, mammalian cell culture, plate-based assays such as ELISA, luminescence or fluorescence assays and western blots) is essential.
- You will also have experience in developing or performing bioactivity assays. Experience with hydrogels, stem cells, cancer immunology, organoid cultures, 3D cultures or bioreactors is highly advantageous.
- You will be dynamic, collaborative, adaptive, self-motivated, proactive and passionate about developing scientific concepts and developing your own understanding of biomedicine.
- You will have strong documentation, oral and interpersonal skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and have an analytical, methodical mind.
- You will be expected to contribute to the development of new ideas to further develop the potential of PODS and research goals of the Company.
About Cell Guidance Systems
Cell Guidance Systems is a Cambridge-based biotechnology company. Our primary research focus is the development of PODS®, a protein delivery technology which increases the utility of a wide range of proteins with applications for disease therapy and vaccine production. We work in collaboration with universities and institutes in the UK and abroad to develop this technology. We also provide a range of research products and services that allow scientists to achieve their research goals. These products, which include cell culture media, growth factors and purification kits, which are sold globally via our website and through sales offices and distributors.
Work environment and conditions
Cell Guidance Systems is located on the Babraham Research Campus, one of the most dynamic biotech locations in Europe, and host to more than fifty companies working in diverse areas of biomedical research. The Campus is close to Cambridge University, Addenbrookes Hospital and the adjacent Biomedical campus. We offer a stimulating, culturally diverse work environment, subsidised campus leisure facilities, generous leave allowance, flexible working hours and a competitive salary.
Send your CV to jobs @ cellgs. com (remove spaces)